The Holy Spirit: The Person and Work
(Sermon notes for 9-6-15)
I. The Person of the Holy Spirit
A. One Person of the Trinity
B. The Person of the Trinity Sent by the Father
John 16:7; John 15:26
II. The Work of the Holy Spirit
A. The Convicting Work of the Holy Spirit 16:8
1. Convict of guilt in regard to: Sin
2. Convict in regard to: Righteousness
3. Convict in regard to: Judgment
B. The Holy Spirit in the Moment of Conversion: Ephesians 1:13-14
1. The Evidence of His Salvation - Marked in Him
2. The Promise from Him - A Deposit Guarantee -
3. The Permanent Presence of Him - John 14:17; John 14:16
C. The Comfort of the Holy Spirit 1 Corinthians 1:3
D. The Counseling Work of the Holy Spirit
1. The Holy Spirit as Teacher John 14:26
2. The Holy Spirit as Guide John 16:13
1. The Holy Spirit is an indispensable person of the Trinity - our Triune God. Often over looked, and greatly underutilized.
2. The Holy is God's comforter in us and through us.
3. The Holy Spirit is the effectual power of God himself present in our lives.
4. The Holy Spirit is the revealer of God's scriptures and God's will.
5. The Holy Spirit will always lead you into a deeper relationship with the Father and the Son - and never lead you away from Him.