In the sermon this past Sunday, I addressed a theme from Isaiah 48 which reminded us that God has been active in our past. I’m posting here the seven conclusions of the sermon.
1. A review of our history verifies God has been involved in our journey.
2. The Lord has invested in our past to give us promise for the future.
3. The incidents of our lives are not coincidental; they are caused by our choices or orchestrated by God.
4. The circumstances we have experienced are not wasted; they contribute to our spiritual character in Christ.
5. The missteps we make do not negate our future.
6. God’s intervention has saved us from unknown results.
7. Thankfully, God is at work in our lives – past, present, and future.