The sermon series is titled: Called Deeper Still - which has been a way of introducing the concepts of walking deeper in a relationship with Christ, and also moving further in our obedience.
The sermon Sunday was based on Peter's experience of stepping out of the boat (Matthew 14:21-36).
The theme is one we can all relate to: How to take the next step when the last step failed?
Here are the points from the sermon:
1. First, know that you will have to take the next step - you can't stand still. In essence don't let failure dictate your faithfulness!
2. Don't let failure define your future - or your present for that matter.
3. Learn from the past, but don't focus on the past.
4. Discern the right direction for the next step - which in our case is to follow the right Person (Christ).
5. Find someone further along than yourself - who can help you.
6. Believe in God's plan and purpose for your life.
7. Reach for the Master's hand.
For the full sermon: http://vimeo.com/107480117